Pages

16 June 2014

Time To Unpack!

So I have moved a couple of times before, but I don't remember it being so tiring!!!! I am glad its over and I definitely don't want to move anytime soon even after my lease it up. Now, I just have to unpack and organize everything. Even though I went through most of my stuff beforehand and got rid of a lot, I will probably be getting rid of more stuff. No sense in holding onto stuff you don't need!

Seriously though, you never really realize and fully understand the amount of things you have acquired until you have to pack it all up and move! Not cool. I am super thankful that I got movers to help me move because was no way I could do it all. Last month I started looking on Yelp since it is the definitive source for reviews in LA and there were so many moving companies with a lot of great reviews. However, a lot of them were very expensive and I am just not about that life. I ended up going with a company called LA Moving Centre. They were one of the cheaper ones, but NOT the cheapest. I just got good vibes from them and liked how they were straight forward and didn't try to gouge me for every cent I had. Plus they had a $60 off couple which helped! That coupon brought it down to $195 for 3 hours, 2 men, a truck, disassembly and reassembly. The only concern I had was my flat screen tv, but they packed it up and got it to my new place without any issues! I will definitely use them if I ever loose my mind and decide to move again. Not anytime soon I hope, but I know who I will call if I need to!

Last night my place looked like who done did it. Seriously. It was so bad that I didn't even know where to start. I surprised myself and knocked a lot out so I am happy.

This was before the madness:










And this is after. As you can see it was utter chaos.










And now it looks a lot better!







As soon as I finish unpacking everything and get rid of the excess, I will start making my list of future DIY projects. I know that I want to build some shelves and I need a shoe rack so I will probably start there. In the meantime, Pinterest will be my BFF.

Until next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment