Pages

29 June 2014

Review: Elevation Training Mask

So over the last six months I have slowly been making changes in my fitness and one of the things that I added is a training mask. When I wear it out I get looks, honks and sometimes even a couple questions, but its all good :) If you have heard of it and/or are undecided about it or would like more info about it I listed a couple of pros and cons from my personal experience down below.  





Pros:
1. Gives your lungs a work out! It comes with different attachments that simulate different elevations and restrict the amount of oxygen that comes into the mask. I have been using the lowest level which simulates 5000 feet elevation. I don't feel like I need to change it out because  it still working for me.

2. Helps regulate your breathing. When I first started wearing it I felt like I wasn't getting enough air and my breathing was very irregular. I was forced to learn how regulate my breathing in order to be able to continue to run with the mask on. After the first month I started wearing it every 2 weeks and I find that when I do not wear the mask, it is easier for me to run and breathing is a lot easier.

Cons:
1. Can be uncomfortable, especially at first. Especially when you start sweating because you will. If you don't tighten it enough in the back it can feel like it's sliding off your face. I am not going to say you will get used it, but sometimes you have to get uncomfortable in order to get comfortable, you know?




All in all, the $80 investment was worth it. It has helped me improve my breathing, run faster for a longer amount of time and just overall, increased my fitness levels in a shorter amount of time. Of course you can increase your fitness levels without it, but if you want a challenge, then this is for you.  I bought mine on Amazon and if you want more info/reviews you can check it out here:








1 comment:

  1. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me thnku soo mchh..

    covid19 mask

    ReplyDelete