Pages

10 June 2014

Summer Skin Care | Mascara Trials | We Are Onyx | Fitness

Now that summer is here in LA--especially in the valley--I have changed up my moisturizing products just a tad. Especially since I am working out a lot more, I find that my face feels more hot when I have on heavier moisturizers so I had to find an alternative. The change is very small, I just took out the St. Ives moisturizer and made the Maracuja Oil from Tarte more of a daily staple than what it has been in the past. Plus I am trying, like really really trying, to NOT buy anymore beauty products until I have used up a significant amount of what I already have.


I am still loving the gel moisturizer from Garnier Fructis. I am still in love with my Better Than Sex Mascara from Too Faced. The roll on perfume I got as a gift during Christmas and I have recently started using it. I am finding that roll on perfumes are convenient to carry and its really hard to use too much. Plus I like to rub some of it on right before I go to sleep. I want to get some roll ons by Marc Jacobs, but I have to use what I have first!

See what had happened was...

And I know I said I was done buying stuff until I use what I have, (but in my defense this is a trial sized product that I got from Sephora. I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas next week and I need small items to bring with me so I decided to try this out. I have tried it out already and its a winner because it doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped. Plus it smells nice which is always good. So this is coming on the trip! Expect to see a travel essentials post next week before I leave!





I got this sample mascara pack from Sephora as well. If I could only wear one one make up item I would always choose mascara. Nothing like finding the one! You guys already know I love my Better Than Sex mascara, but its nice to have options and again, I wanted something small to take with me on my vacation next week. Plus you get a voucher for a full sized mascara so you definitely get your moneys worth (The sample pack from Sephora is $25). Aside from the Too Faced mascara, I have tried the one from Lancome called Hypnose Drama, Tarte's Lights, Camera, Action 4 in 1 and Blinc Inc.'s Blinc. The Blinc mascara was a total bust, but the other two are great. Especially the one from Lancome. I really like that one. I still have to try the Bare Mineral mascara. But so far, I am loving the Lancome mascara.

The May We Are Onyx Box
We are almost halfway into June and I am just NOW getting the May box from We Are Onyx. I have previously sent numerous emails (which were not responded to) and left them messages on their social media accounts about my missing box (which they did respond to several days later). I have had a subscription with them since February 2014 and haven't really had an issue until April when they started their big media campaign to get their name out there. I understand growing businesses have bumps in the road so I wasn't too upset with them in April, but this past month they had serious issues getting their product out in a timely manner to paying customers. Nevertheless, I am going to give it another go and we will see how June goes. But for now, they are getting the side eye.

Finally...



And I am finally loosing some inches!!! I invested in a shredding stack from a company called Just Add Muscle and I am loving the results so far. I am not going to say that my results are strictly due to that, but it has helped me achieve results a lot faster. Being able to see the changes your body has made is definitely making staying motivated a lot easier. What I am currently doing to achieve the results I have is another post entirely. And I promise I will share! Its really easy and its not a diet. I am definitely not left starving everyday. Cant wait to see where I am next month.

Alright ya'll, thats it for now! I have another shoot tomorrow which I am super stoked about. Cheers to taking some awesome photos tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment