Pages

14 April 2013

My Hair Regimen

So I had a request on what my hair regimen is so here it goes!!! I don't always follow it exactly, but this is what it is.
1. Every 2 weeks I clarify my hair. I wear a lot of hair gel (thanks to the Army) so it does build up a bit!  I use a shampoo bar that doesnt leave my hair stripped. Its made by a local Texas business called A Wild Soap Bar. I really like their Yucca Root Shampoo and Body Bar even though I only use it for my hair.

2.During the week, I condition wash my hair 2 times a week. I do a lot of PT (physical training) so my head gets sweaty at times. If for some reason they have us laying out in the mud then I wash it more. My favorites for condition washing is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Tresemme Naturals conditioners. I usually alternate, but lately I have been combining the two. Best of both worlds =)

3. I follow the LOC Method for moisturizing my hair. For the liquid I like the Sally's Beauty version of Infusium 23 and I like the S Curl activator spray. For oil I use cold pressed olive oil and for the creme I use my own shea butter mix. My hair stay moisturized for days when I use these products!!!

4. Since I am in the Army I have to do my hair everyday since I don't wear weave often (I only wore it once in the last 3 years and that was only because I went to field for a month). I always apply a moisturizer (my shea butter mix) before applying gel. My hair NEVER gets hard. I use a modified denman brush to lay it down. Sometime I will apply a light mist of hair spray to help lay it down better on those humid days.

I only have a few more weeks left in the Army, so when I get out I will not be using gel so much so my routine will change again...I will let you guys know when my routine is updated in a few weeks =)



Me and my braid out which ended up being a fail---damn Texas humidity LOL...on a brighter note----it was moisturized so it wasnt all bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment