Pages

20 July 2014

Random Rambling: Being Selfish

So the last few weeks I have been going through a detox of sorts. Lots of brainstorming, lots of interesting conversations, lots of meditating and lots of alone time. School is starting again next month and I need to get my mind right.

On another note, I had a conversation with someone recently on the topic of being selfish in a relationship. She was telling me about a relationship that she is in is failing and that the reason was because of selfishness. Now, I am the last person to give advice, but it really got me thinking. There are definitely levels to the selfishness that one could/should have. And I do believe that you should always take care of yourself first, but when it gets to the level that its always you and what you want above everyone else (especially when your in a relationship)…you only end up hurting yourself.

So what did I say to her? I told her to do what's best for her. Life really is too short to be miserable. The most valuable thing you have is your time and you shouldn't waste it. You can always go out and make money, but your time? You can't get that back.







1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree with you more. Well said, girl. Very well said.

    xo Kim
    Le Paper Doll
    FacebookInstagramBloglovin

    ReplyDelete