Pages

08 July 2014

Cooking With Jessica Rae: Busted Cookie Edition!!! | Ruby: Modified German Poodle Cut

So I wasn't even going to post this after how the cookies turned out, but you know what!? Screw it. You live and you learn and one thing I learned is not to listen to Walmart when they give you a recipe for coconut macaroons. I mean seriously, they came out not pretty. Like, not at all. They still tasted good, but its all in the presentation. And I promise I followed the directions. It was kind of like making sugar cookies except instead of adding flour you added coconut. I think that is what was missing anyways because a lot of recipes that I looked at after my busted cookies had flour in it and it makes sense. Anyways, here you go!!!

PS--Dont try this at home, and whatever you do, do NOT use the recipe on the back of the bag of coconut you get from Walmart! I did not include the instruction because as you will see below they didn't come out so good. I ended up throwing them out. :(

Vanilla extract









 
I used this to grease the pan I was using to cook the cookies on

All done and ready to go in the oven

WTH!?!? Um no ma'am!! 

On a lighter note I realized I haven't shared any photos of Ruby in a while. Right now she is currently rocking a modified German Poodle Cut. Its too hot and she is so miserable with all the hair so I decided to spare her and cut most of it off. I will probably cut it short again one more time towards August and then let it grow out again. I still have some hope she will lose her puppy coat, but we shall see. If you are interested to know, I used a #4 on the body, #10 on the ears, face and at the base of her tail, and scissored the top knot short. Very simple!

Before

After! Mama's baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment