Pages

09 July 2014

Hair Banding Natural Hair | Mini Review: Alikay Naturals & Lotta Body

So I have been natural for a long time and this past year I have really been on a kick to take better care of my hair and I have noticed something finally, because it is growing and I have been able to retain some length. One of the things that I have been doing in order to achieve that is by stretching my hair. If I don't stretch it, my hair is prone to get tangled and I end up loosing a lot in the detangle process so I try to make it a habit to stretch my hair in some way. Most of the time it ends up being a bun or a twist out. Even though twists outs would be better for my hair because I wouldn't be pulling it back as much, I really just don't care for it. Number 1: I have a big *** head. And number 2: my hair is fine and thin and it just looks like its on a struggle mission at all times IMO. It lacks volume and then when I try to fluff it out it looks stringy and that never looks good. Anyways, I am on a mission to accept my hair as it is and finding out what works for best for me. Last week while surfing around on YouTube I saw a video on hair banding and I decided to try it out because it looked easy enough. Now, don't get me wrong, I like my results (sort of….ok I'm trying! I will love my hair!), but it was a little time consuming for me. I think I will do it again, but next time do bigger sections so it doesn't take as long to complete. I got the same results as I do from my twist outs, but the big difference was that my hair was a lot more straight than the twist outs (I like) and I had a little more length. So its already a winner. It just takes too long to do! No worries though, I will find a way to make it work for my lazy schedule.

As for the products I used for my hair I used my Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave in, then the Lotta Body Moisturize Me Curl & Style Milk, followed by the Alikay Naturals Creme Brulee mixed with some avocado oil and finally the green Eco Styler to set it. When I took my hair out of the bands my hair was (and still is) super soft and most importantly, NOT flaky. Gosh, I hate flakes!!!

I got the Lotta Body product from my We Are Onyx June Box and its my first time using it so the jury is still out on that one. So far, I really like that its not heavy at all and isn't too greasy. And it didn't flake up considering I used some products from different lines with it. The Alikay Naturals products I have been using for the last month and I don't know…they are not heavy in the least, but they do smell absolutely amazing. I still feel like I cannot use them by themselves and I need an additional moisturizer with them (I added oil). I know she has more products with her line that I could have bought, but see the way my bank account is set up….yeah…. I just bought what everyone keeps raving about. Maybe next time I will get a different product from her line and see what thats about.

Pics are below!!!!
BTW---I banded my hair on freshly washed and damp hair.
Thats me all day! LOL




















No comments:

Post a Comment