Pages

12 May 2014

Cable For What?

One thing that will never change about me is that I will always look for a good deal. I had a convo with someone recently about cable and she was surprised when I said I do not have cable and I have not had it for almost 7 years. Now, internet, is another story. I can't live without that. I have always been a busy person, whether it was because I was working or school or just not being home. For a long time I didn't even own a TV. I recently treated myself with one this past Black Friday (it was on sale!) because I was tired of watching Netflix on my laptop. Up until this past November I didn't even know that TV's could have wifi and I managed to score a great deal on Amazon for one. I can say I really have enjoyed the last 6 months and I appreciate all the things it does. I love how I can go into the Smart Hub and watch Netflix, Hulu or even Amazon Prime. And it all costs way less that cable. I spend around $17/month for Netflix and Hulu Plus and then I have the Amazon Student Prime with comes with the instant video. I didn't get Amazon Prime for the tv, I got it because I actually do a lot of shopping there and if you buy enough stuff online the flat rate shipping actually more than pays for itself. I don't even go to Petco to buy Ruby's dog food anymore. I buy it (she eats Natural Balance and I always get the 30 lb bag) online and its at my front door 2 days later. Sure the mail man hates me on that day because its 3 flights of stairs, but it is cheaper and more convenient. I generally make a list of stuff that I need for the house in advance to get later in the week and if its cheaper online I just order it there instead and the stuff I don't get online I pick up in the store. I paid $49 for Amazon Prime and it is for the whole year. Divide that by 12 and it comes to around $4.08 a month. Added to the cost of Netflix and Hulu Plus and it comes to around $21/month! Can't beat that!

What are some of the things you do to help you save money?








No comments:

Post a Comment