Pages

06 December 2013

Its the End of the Semester!!!

And I am so excited/happy!!!! It has been 10 years since I have actually sat in a classroom to learn so it has been quite an adjustment that I am still trying to get used to. Its not like having a job in the sense that you go in to work everyday, but I have to go in, listen, attempt to understand and process the information given, and then be tested on how much I actually retained (and I have to be honest its very little lol). It was definitely an eye opener. I found myself busy to the point that I actually have to write a list of things to do. Priorities. I think the fact that because it really has been so long it was not an easy adjustment for me by any means. On top of that I attempted to work part time to keep me on my toes/meet new people/keep me from spending money. That was a fail. So, I am no longer working and I think it is for the best right now. I was spending way to much time working and not enough on my homework. I got out of active duty to finish school so school needs to be my number one priority right now. Besides, I want to explore more creative options when it comes to work and I do not want to be tied down by a set job. I also want to focus more on my blog which has been severely neglected because of my inability to get it together :/
In addition to the craziness of school I have been traveling quite a bit. The only weekend that I did not go out of town for in November was Thanksgiving weekend. And I have to admit I am sick of traveling right now. I just want to relax and get myself situated before the spring semester starts in January :) I just have one more trip this month for Christmas to Sacramento and then no more for the next couple of months!
This coming week I am going to be looking into and coming up with new ideas and concepts for my blog. I am also itching to get out with my camera to get some interesting shots. I took a black and white film class this semester and it has helped me understand my dslr better and what I need to do to get the perfect shot. There is definitely a lot more to the camera than auto (which is what I always used before!) Even though I hated the class (it was a 5 hour class and she made it long and drawn out and my attention span is not that great), I learned a lot and I plan on using my camera more to really cement that foundation. Plus, I really really really want a higher end camera, but I have to learn how to use this one first before I can justify spending money on another camera!
Alright guys! Until next time.

Cheers!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment