Pages

30 October 2014

Thursday Beauty Fix: DIY Coffee Scrub

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like to spend a whole lot on beauty products. Now, I will admit there are some favorites that I like to splurge on every now and then, but nothing beats DIY beauty. When you make it yourself you can add whatever you want to it based on your skin needs and your pockets.

One recipe I want to share with you guys is a facial/body scrub that is super easy and affordable to make at home.




The basics to making any kind of scrub is an oil and whatever it is your using to exfoliate. You can use: olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, etc…and for exfoliators you can use: coffee grounds, brown sugar, crushed walnut shells, etc…

One of my favorite DIY scrubs to make has olive oil, coffee grounds, brown sugar and cinnamon. Its my favorite because these are all items I keep in my apartment and if I was out of it, it wouldn't cost me much to replace it. Now, for those of you wondering why I add coffee and cinnamon, its because of the benefits they provide for my skin. Coffee grounds are a natural exfoliant and they also have anti-inflammatory properties, and cinnamon has antimicrobial properties that helps fight acne. 

I didn't measure anything, I just eyeballed it, but FYI you do NOT need a lot. A little goes a long way and I actually ended up having way more than I needed. Also, if you are going to use coffee grounds be mindful that it can clog up drains so if you throwing out the extra, put it in the trashcan and NOT your sink.




Before


There is a lot extra!!

After


After I rinsed off the mask my face felt so soft! I didn't even need to put a moisturizer on so I'd say thats winning :) 

What are some of your favorite DIY beauty recipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment