Pages

17 March 2014

Earthquake Hello! & Monday Motivation

So if you live in California or keep up with the news you probably heard about the earthquake LA had this morning. Let me just say--it was interesting/scary. Aside from three years, I have been in California since late 2003 and I never really experienced this before. Guess thats a good thing! Well anyways, like so many people I was still in the bed---sleeping. Its actually kind of interesting because a Ruby started acting weird around 1 AM, so I let her get in the bed with me. Ruby NEVER barks and I have never heard her growl before, but she started growing around 2:30 AM, she even barked. That woke me up and I was a little scared at first because I was thinking someone was in my house, but that wasn't the case. So after I fell back asleep a little bit before 6:30 AM she started doing it again, and when I woke up a few seconds later everything around me started shaking. Needless to say I was very confused, but then I realized what was going on, I just held Ruby until everything stopped shaking. Craziest thing ever.
 I know that animals are sensitive to things like this, but I have some first hand experience now. To give her a treat for being such a good helper in trying to warn me, I took her to the dog park, gave her a hair cut and took her for a bath. She was due anyways, but she just made me so proud :) Kind of weird---guess this is what people who have human babies feel like!?  LOL

She is tired after the coming home from the dog park today :)



Before the haircut



Here is some Monday Motivation!!! Sometimes I get in a rut--and no more excuses!!! Positive thoughts!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so crazy that she knew before it even happened! Animals have such incredible senses. I'd like some of that, I think! lol. She deserved the pampering for sure! What a good dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the fact that she knew beforehand blew my mind!!!

      Delete